Oklahoma City design firm leaves mark on city businesses
S Design has been responsible for helping a number of Oklahoma City businesses promote themselves.
Red Coyote Running and Fitness, Schlegel Bicycles and some 150 businesses across greater Oklahoma City arguably never would have had the corporate identities and marketing successes they have, if not for one unique Oklahoma firm.
About the company
S Design Inc. has left its indelible mark on each, principal Sarah Sears said.
Take Red Coyote. The owners, who came to S Design for naming and logo help, initially wanted to call their store “Red River Running.” “It was yucky and there were way too many ‘Red River somethings,'” Sears said.
Today, the store, distinguished by its fun red coyote logo, ranks among the top three running stores in the city.
Meanwhile, after S Design convinced competitive cyclist and former Olympian Steve Schlegel to rename his “My Bike Store” after himself, sales soared, she said.
What the branding and marketing communications firm provides is more complicated than a logo, Sears said. “We help with naming, obtaining trademarks, positioning and developing and executing strategic marketing plans,” she said.
“We understand businesses and different types of businesses,” she said.
Sears started the firm in 1994, two years after she earned a bachelor's in design — including graphic design and illustration — from the University of Kansas. She operated as a one-woman firm for two or three years, but today has a staff of 10. Their clients, which include the Coach House and Oklahoma City Community Foundation, come equally from the corporate, government and nonprofit sectors.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion