Oklahoma City finishes first in economic index report
The On Numbers Economic Index awarded Oklahoma City an overall score of 91.042 — more than five points above the next ranking city of Austin, Texas.
OKC finishes No. 1 in report
Oklahoma City ranked No. 1 in a national economic index report. The On Numbers Economic Index awarded the city an overall score of 91.042 — more than five points above the next ranking city of Austin, Texas. Workers' earnings here at 11.9 percent have grown faster than any other market during the past year. Seventeen other components were considered. Omaha, Neb., ranked third. The report measures the economic health of 102 major metropolitan areas using data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Federal Housing Finance Agency. September was the first month the report was released publicly.
From Staff Reports
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes