Oklahoma City hospitals: OU Medical Center
— Location: NE 13 and N Lincoln Boulevard
— History: OU Medical Center is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. On January 1, 1910, Dr. Foster Kendrick and his wife, Janet, bought St. Luke's Sanitarium, located on the ninth floor of the Campbell Building at 10 N Broadway, and opened Wesley Hospital, which ultimately became OU Medical Center.
NewsOK Related Articles
— OU Medical Center, which includes The Children's Hospital, is the largest hospital in Oklahoma.
— Services in Children's Hospital include Oklahoma's highest-level neonatal intensive care unit and the state's only pediatric bone marrow transplant unit.
— Adult services include a gamma knife center for treating brain tumors that can't be treated by conventional methods, a bone marrow transplant center, Oklahoma's only Level One trauma center and three new Medi Flight air ambulances, including one dedicated to babies. Additional special services include robotic surgery, high-risk and alternative pregnancy care and heart care services.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims