MORE FROM NEWSOK
• 1974: Crossroads opens as Oklahoma City’s first regional indoor mall. John A. Brown, J.C. Penney, Dillard’s and Montgomery Ward are the anchors.
• 1985: Brown closes and the space is taken over by another store.
• 1994: The Macerich Co. buys Crossroads, Jim Swenson is named manager. Non-anchor store occupancy is at 90 percent.
• 2001: Montgomery Ward files for bankruptcy and closes store. Space is leased to Steve and Barry’s.
• 2003: The Macerich Co. spends $1 million on renovations, including addition of a carousel and children’s area.
• 2006: Mall is sold to Midwest Malls.
• 2007: J.C. Penney closes its Crossroads store and opens stores in nearby Moore and Midwest City.
• 2008: Macy’s, Dillards and Steve and Barry’s close. Nonanchor store occupancy is at 70 percent.