Oklahoma City man accused of beating father with steel pole, police say
Joseph Wayne Wiley, 34, was arrested Tuesday in Oklahoma City on complaints of assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic abuse.
A man accused of beating his father with a 4-foot steel pole was arrested Tuesday, Oklahoma City police reported.
Joseph Wayne Wiley, 34, was arrested on complaints of assault with a dangerous weapon and domestic abuse.
Police were called about 3:35 p.m. Tuesday to an apartment complex at the 5700 block of S Agnew Avenue, where a witness told police he heard Wiley beating his father.
He told police he saw Wiley with a steel pole and tried to shock him with a stun gun but missed. Police heard screaming and things being thrown around in the apartment, according to the incident report.
When they broke down the door, they found a man lying on the floor, covered in blood and Wiley on the couch with blood on his forehead, hands and feet. Officers found a steel pole next to the man on the floor, according to the report.
Another witness told police Wiley had “gone off because he thought his dad had stolen some of his pills from him.” The witness said she ran out of the apartment when Wiley started beating the victim.
Wiley is in Oklahoma County jail. No bail has been set for him.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister