Oklahoma City man accused of driving over fire hose while intoxicated
An Oklahoma City man was arrested on a complaint of driving under the influence of alcohol after he drove through a police roadblock and ran over a fire hose firefighters were using to put out a house fire.
An Oklahoma City man is accused of driving drunk and running over a fire hose while firefighters were battling a house fire.
Robert Bradley Digby, 27, was arrested last week on complaints of driving under the influence of alcohol, disregarding a traffic control device and driving over a fire hose.
Police said Digby drove through a roadblock about 12:45 a.m. May 30 at NW 17 and N Francis Avenue and ran over a fire hose firefighters were using to battle a house fire in the area.
Officers pulled the vehicle over and noticed an odor of alcohol on Digby. He had bloodshot, watery eyes and slurred speech, according to the police report.
Digby consented to a sobriety test but failed to follow the officer's instructions, police said.
Throughout the test, Digby was uncooperative and verbally confrontational, the report stated.
He was booked into the Oklahoma County jail and released the next day.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims