Oklahoma City man is arrested in string of armed robberies
A 31-year-old man arrested in connection with a string of armed robberies also has been accused of raping a 15-year-old girl.
An Oklahoma City man who was being sought in the rape of a 15-year-old girl has been arrested in connection with a string of armed robberies, police said Friday.
Videoview all videos
Oct 5A man arrested in connection with a string of armed...
Photoview all photos
Mario Rogers, 31, was arrested Thursday at a hotel in the area of Interstate 240 and S Western Avenue, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
As officers approached the hotel, Rogers got into his pickup and rammed two officers' patrol cars before getting out of the pickup and running, Wardlow said.
He tried to steal a car and was caught by officers. He was jailed on complaints of rape, lewd acts and robbery, she said.
Rogers is a suspect in more than 12 Oklahoma City armed robberies.
The robberies began Aug. 13 at the Ramada Inn at 7400 S May Ave. Since then, a man with a gun has robbed at least six more hotels, three convenience stores and two quick loan stores, according to Oklahoma City police reports.
The latest robbery was Monday at the Comfort Inn, 5704 Mosteller Drive, police reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes