Oklahoma City man charged in gas siphoning, assault on police officer
The suspect was shot in the shoulder when he got into his pickup and drove in reverse at a high rate of speed toward a police officer, a court affidavit shows.
A man accused of stealing fuel from a tractor-trailer in a Walmart parking lot and then attempting to run over a police officer with his pickup was charged Tuesday in Oklahoma County with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Thell Stephen Terry, 50, of Oklahoma City, was arrested Feb. 8 after police officers investigating a rash of fuel thefts saw him siphoning fuel from the rig in the parking lot at NW 23 and N MacArthur Boulevard, a probable cause affidavit shows.
Terry was shot in the shoulder when he got into his pickup and drove in reverse at a high rate of speed toward one of the officers, the affidavit shows. Terry also was charged with petit larceny for siphoning the fuel.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort