Oklahoma City man charged in gas siphoning, assault on police officer
The suspect was shot in the shoulder when he got into his pickup and drove in reverse at a high rate of speed toward a police officer, a court affidavit shows.
A man accused of stealing fuel from a tractor-trailer in a Walmart parking lot and then attempting to run over a police officer with his pickup was charged Tuesday in Oklahoma County with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Thell Stephen Terry, 50, of Oklahoma City, was arrested Feb. 8 after police officers investigating a rash of fuel thefts saw him siphoning fuel from the rig in the parking lot at NW 23 and N MacArthur Boulevard, a probable cause affidavit shows.
Terry was shot in the shoulder when he got into his pickup and drove in reverse at a high rate of speed toward one of the officers, the affidavit shows. Terry also was charged with petit larceny for siphoning the fuel.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say