Oklahoma City man drove drunk with children in car, police said
Marcus Dewayne Williams, 30, was arrested on complaints of child endangerment and driving under the influence after police found two children in his car without proper safety restraints.
An Oklahoma City man was arrested on complaints of child endangerment and driving under the influence after police found two children in his car without proper safety restraints, according to a police report released Tuesday.
Marcus Dewayne Williams, 30, drove over a curb and through a yard when police attempted to pull him over about 2:10 a.m. Thursday, according to the report.
Williams got out of the vehicle and ran toward the front door of his house in the 1200 block of N Staton Drive, the report states.
The officers who arrested Williams said they could smell alcohol on him and asked if he had been drinking. Williams told police it was his birthday and he was celebrating, according to the report.
Police noticed two children in the car Williams had been driving — an 8-year-old in the back of the car with no seat or back rest and a 2-month-old in a child carrier in the front seat with no restraints to secure the carrier.
Williams was taken to the Oklahoma County jail and was released on $11,000 bail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M