Oklahoma City man is accused of threatening to wrap girlfriend in plastic, throw her in lake
John B. Cranfill, 38, of Oklahoma City, is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to wrap her in plastic and dispose of her body in a lake, court papers show.
An Oklahoma City man is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to wrap her in plastic and dispose of her body in a lake, court papers show.
John B. Cranfill, 38, was arrested Friday at a residence in the 1300 block of Campbell Road.
He was booked on complaints of domestic abuse and attempted murder.
The woman told police the man was intoxicated and broke her cellphone after thinking she was cheating on him.
She said Cranfill then took tape, bound her hands together, placed a sheet of clear plastic on her head and taped it tightly around her head, police reported in a probable cause affidavit.
The woman told police Cranfill yelled into her ear that he was “going to kill her by wrapping her up in plastic and placing her in an orange box and throwing it into a lake,” an officer wrote in the affidavit.
Cranfill told her he was going to “kill himself as well, after he killed her,” the officer reported.
The woman told police she made a small hole in the plastic near her mouth so she could breathe, and began pleading with her live-in boyfriend to “let her go,” according to the affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort