Oklahoma City man is accused of threatening to wrap girlfriend in plastic, throw her in lake
John B. Cranfill, 38, of Oklahoma City, is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to wrap her in plastic and dispose of her body in a lake, court papers show.
An Oklahoma City man is accused of assaulting his girlfriend and threatening to wrap her in plastic and dispose of her body in a lake, court papers show.
John B. Cranfill, 38, was arrested Friday at a residence in the 1300 block of Campbell Road.
He was booked on complaints of domestic abuse and attempted murder.
The woman told police the man was intoxicated and broke her cellphone after thinking she was cheating on him.
She said Cranfill then took tape, bound her hands together, placed a sheet of clear plastic on her head and taped it tightly around her head, police reported in a probable cause affidavit.
The woman told police Cranfill yelled into her ear that he was “going to kill her by wrapping her up in plastic and placing her in an orange box and throwing it into a lake,” an officer wrote in the affidavit.
Cranfill told her he was going to “kill himself as well, after he killed her,” the officer reported.
The woman told police she made a small hole in the plastic near her mouth so she could breathe, and began pleading with her live-in boyfriend to “let her go,” according to the affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say