Oklahoma City man is arrested in string of armed robberies
A 31-year-old man arrested in connection with a string of armed robberies also has been accused of raping a 15-year-old girl.
An Oklahoma City man who was being sought in the rape of a 15-year-old girl has been arrested in connection with a string of armed robberies, police said Friday.
Videoview all videos
Oct 5A man arrested in connection with a string of armed...
Photoview all photos
Mario Rogers, 31, was arrested Thursday at a hotel in the area of Interstate 240 and S Western Avenue, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
As officers approached the hotel, Rogers got into his pickup and rammed two officers' patrol cars before getting out of the pickup and running, Wardlow said.
He tried to steal a car and was caught by officers. He was jailed on complaints of rape, lewd acts and robbery, she said.
Rogers is a suspect in more than 12 Oklahoma City armed robberies.
The robberies began Aug. 13 at the Ramada Inn at 7400 S May Ave. Since then, a man with a gun has robbed at least six more hotels, three convenience stores and two quick loan stores, according to Oklahoma City police reports.
The latest robbery was Monday at the Comfort Inn, 5704 Mosteller Drive, police reported.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena