Oklahoma City mother, daughter accused in illegal dentistry case turn themselves in
On Oklahoma City mother and daughter, Elizabeth Hinojosa and Monica Salazar-Orozco are accused of performing unlicensed dental work on at least 22 adults and children, including extractions, fillings, bridges and other procedures, between September 2010 and May 2011.
A mother and daughter facing charges of practicing dentistry without a license surrendered to authorities Monday and were booked into the Oklahoma County jail on multiple felony complaints, records show.
Videoview all videos
Sep 10Oklahoma City mother and daughter are accused of...
Photoview all photos
Elizabeth Hinojosa, 47, of Oklahoma City, is charged with two counts of practicing dentistry without a license. Hinojosa also is charged with one count each of forgery, medical battery and embezzlement.
Monica Salazar-Orozco, 28, of Oklahoma City, is charged with two counts of practicing dentistry without a license.
Hinojosa and Salazar-Orozco are accused of pulling teeth, performing root canals, injecting anesthesia and forging prescriptions, court papers show.
They were arraigned Monday in Oklahoma County District Court and are free on $20,000 bail each, jail officials said.
Both women had been on the run since warrants were issued for their arrest Aug. 31, state Dental Board investigators said.
Hinojosa, also known as “Dr. Liz” by the victims, was a dental assistant and her daughter was a receptionist where the alleged incidents took place between September 2010 and May 2011, according to a probable cause affidavit filed with the charges.
Both worked for Dr. Salam Ramadan, who owns and operates Dental Spa locations at 1211 SW 44 and 3315 NW 63 in Oklahoma City.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister