Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"It's not at all an ideal schedule for the preseason,” said team spokesman Dan Mahoney. "But it's sort of what we're left with in light of a very quick relocation.” Oklahoma City will make its home debut on Tuesday, Oct. 14, in an exhibition game against the Los Angeles Clippers. It will be the only preseason game played at the Ford Center. The team will open its exhibition schedule on the road on Wednesday, Oct. 8, against Minnesota. The location of the game has not been announced by the Wolves, but it is not expected to be played at the Target Center. The Wolves played a preseason home game in Omaha, Neb., last year and in Moline, Ill., in 2006. A potential location is Billings, Mont., where the Wolves played host to the Indiana Pacers for a preseason game before the 2005-06 season. Oklahoma City will then play back-to-back road games against Sacramento and Golden State on Friday, Oct. 10, and Saturday, Oct. 11. The team will play the Houston Rockets at the BOK Center in Tulsa on Monday, Oct. 13, in a game in which Oklahoma City will be considered the road team.
Oklahoma City NBA team to face hectic pace in preseason
If preseason schedules are designed to prepare teams for the regular season, Oklahoma City should be raring to go when the NBA season tips off.The mid-year relocation of the Seattle SuperSonics to Oklahoma City left the franchise with a hectic 2008 preseason slate that includes four games in five days, three back-to-back sets, two trips to remote locations and one eight-day stretch without a game.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?