Oklahoma City officials consider closing fish hatchery
Oklahoma City may close its fish hatchery as part of budget cuts. However, supporters of the hatchery say closing it may actually cost the city money.
Forget blood — one proposed cut to the city budget could leave council members with fish guts on their hands.Closing the H.B. Parsons Fish Hatchery is being considered as part of city budget cuts, but the move could cost Oklahoma City money instead of saving it any, hatchery supporters told council members Tuesday.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena