Oklahoma City police arrest man with sawed off shotgun
Juan Daniel Castillo, 29, was arrested early Monday after security guards at the OK Corral called police about an auto burglary and a man with a sawed-off shotgun, Oklahoma City police reported.
A man was arrested Monday after a nightclub security officer notified police he had a sawed-off shotgun.
Juan Daniel Castillo, 29, was arrested on complaints of auto burglary, possession of a sawed-off shotgun and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony, Oklahoma City police said.
Police arrived about midnight at a church parking lot, 5808 NW 23, used as overflow parking lot for the OK Corral. Castillo had been detained by a security guard when police arrived, according to the incident report.
The guard told police he saw two men breaking into a pickup who ran away as he approached them. Another man was in a car next to the truck. He told police he could see a sawed-off shotgun on the front passenger side of the car.
Police found a pipe, a car stereo from the pickup and an amplifier, as well as other stolen property, inside the car, according to the report.
Castillo was taken to Oklahoma County jail. His bail was set at $12,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims