Oklahoma City police chase ends in man's suicide after earlier shooting
A police pursuit ended when a man committed suicide Friday after another man was shot in northwest Oklahoma City.
Videoview all videos
Dec 21A police pursuit ended when a man committed suicide...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Investigation closes interstate
After leaving the house, Wilson led police on a chase southbound on Interstate 35, just south of Interstate 40, where he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in his car.
Police said they were not sure whether Wilson shot himself while he was driving and then crashed, or vice versa.
Several interstate ramps were closed, and traffic was disrupted for at least four hours while police investigated the scene and Wilson's body and car were removed.
The woman's four children, ages 9, 5, 2 and 1, were in the house at the time of the incident. The children were taken into protective custody, police said.
Schnittman's death marks the 98th homicide in Oklahoma City in 2012.
Contributing: Staff Writer
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit