Oklahoma City police chase ends inside hospital lobby
Oklahoma City police responded to an auto burglary in progress about 4:45 a.m. Monday at the La Quinta Inn, 4829 Northwest Expressway. The suspect drove away from police and ran inside Integris Baptist Medical Center, where he was arrested soon, police reported.
Police report they chased a man from the scene of an auto burglary into a northwest Oklahoma City hospital.
Joe Morgan, 49, was arrested on complaints of auto burglary, attempting to elude police, receiving and concealing stolen property and obstructing a police officer.
Police arrived on the scene of an auto burglary in progress about 4:45 a.m. Monday at the La Quinta Inn, 4829 Northwest Expressway. Two vehicles were broken into with items worth $4,940 stolen from one car and items worth $975 stolen from the other car, according to police reports.
Officers saw a man run into a green sport utility vehicle as they arrived on the scene. They followed the vehicle and tried to stop it at near NW 63 on Northwest Expressway, according to the report.
The suspect drove into a parking lot and tried to evade the police in the parking lot, according to the report.
The chase ended at the Integris Baptist Medical Center parking garage. Officers saw the suspect run out of the car and into the hospital's lobby area, according to the report.
The officers chased him on foot and caught him when he tried to round a corner.
Morgan was taken to the Oklahoma County jail. Police recovered $5,840 worth of items stolen from the two vehicles, according to police reports.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond