Oklahoma City police find man walking shot and bleeding near roadway
A man who had been shot was spotted this afternoon by an off-duty Oklahoma City police officer near Kilpatrick Turnpike and State Highway 66.
A man who had been shot was found walking near the Kilpatrick Turnpike and State Highway 66 this afternoon, police said.
About 3:35 p.m., an off-duty Oklahoma City police officer was driving on State Highway 66 east of the turnpike when he saw a man bleeding profusely, Oklahoma City police Sgt. Charlie Phillips said.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The man, described only as a Hispanic male, said he had been in an altercation with another Hispanic male near NW 50 and Morgan Road when he was shot, Phillips said.
The man was taken to OU Medical Center where he has been stabilized, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said. He is expected to survive, she said.
The shooter was last seen driving a maroon GMC Envoy, Wardlow said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday