Oklahoma City police identify man who killed himself Tuesday night
Taggart Fuller Dertinger, 27, was identified by Oklahoma City police as the man who killed himself Tuesday night near NW 178 and Portland Avenue.
A man who killed himself Tuesday night in an abandoned building near NW 178 and Portland Avenue has been identified as Taggart Fuller Dertinger, 27, Oklahoma City police said.
Dertinger told dispatchers he had a .22 caliber rifle and a shotgun, and that he wanted to commit “suicide by cop,” according to the incident report.
Police heard one gunshot and found Dertinger dead in the building, according to the report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in