Oklahoma City police jail machete attack suspect
Police found a man “severely cut from head to toe with a machete” about 12:10 a.m. Wednesday in southeast Oklahoma City. Ralph Thomas Martinez Jr., 33, was arrested on a complaint of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
A man was attacked Wednesday and “severely cut from head to toe with a machete,” Oklahoma City police said.
Police found Broderick Townsend about 12:10 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of SE Binkley St.
He was taken to OU Medical Center, where he was listed in fair condition Wednesday afternoon, a hospital official said.
The victim identified Ralph Thomas Martinez Jr., 33, as the attacker.
Martinez was arrested on a complaint of assault and battery with a deadly weapon and was taken to the Oklahoma County jail after being interviewed by police.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena