Oklahoma City police looking for ex-employee accused of robbing a Braum's store
Arrest warrant issued for Andrew Marcus Washington, 18. employee told police the masked robber sounded and acted like Washington.
Police are looking for a former Braum's employee who is suspected of using a knife to rob a store in Oklahoma City of more than $3,000.
Oklahoma City police obtained an arrest warrant Wednesday for Andrew Marcus Washington, 18, on a complaint of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Washington is accused of walking into Braum's at 4335 NW 23 about 10:45 p.m. June 6 and robbing a store employee who was counting money, according to a probable cause affidavit.
The employee told police the robber held a very long kitchen knife with a black handle and made slashing motions with the knife while saying “Give me the money. I ain't playing!” the affidavit states.
The employee opened the safe and removed a deposit bag and three money trays containing $3,000 and four checks. The robber took the money along with cash from two tills totaling between $150 and $200, police reported.
The robber left through the back door, the employee told police. She saw a friend of Washington's looking in the windows of the store about 10 minutes before she was robbed, according to the affidavit.
She said the unidentified man never entered the store and left in a green Lexus car, police reported.
The employee told police the robber was wearing all-black clothing, including a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants and black pantyhose over his face. He was wearing white tennis shoes and had a glove on one hand, the affidavit states.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion