Oklahoma City police name woman arrested after chase that ended in crash, house fire
Jimi Harvey, 24, was arrested on complaints of eluding police, child endangerment and speeding in a school zone. A child in the car was not in a car seat.
Police Friday released the name of a woman arrested after she led police on a car chase that ended in a wreck that started a house fire. A child in the car was not in a car seat, police said.
Jimi Harvey, 24, was arrested on complaints of eluding police, child endangerment and speeding in a school zone. According to a police report, an officer tried to stop Harvey's car Thursday after it sped through a school zone.
Instead of stopping, the car sped up, leading police on a brief chase that ended when it crashed into a house at 1504 SW 61. The crash started a house fire that was put out by firefighters. Fire officials said the blaze caused $35,000 in damage to the house.
Harvey was taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims