Oklahoma City police name woman arrested after chase that ended in crash, house fire
Jimi Harvey, 24, was arrested on complaints of eluding police, child endangerment and speeding in a school zone. A child in the car was not in a car seat.
Police Friday released the name of a woman arrested after she led police on a car chase that ended in a wreck that started a house fire. A child in the car was not in a car seat, police said.
Jimi Harvey, 24, was arrested on complaints of eluding police, child endangerment and speeding in a school zone. According to a police report, an officer tried to stop Harvey's car Thursday after it sped through a school zone.
Instead of stopping, the car sped up, leading police on a brief chase that ended when it crashed into a house at 1504 SW 61. The crash started a house fire that was put out by firefighters. Fire officials said the blaze caused $35,000 in damage to the house.
Harvey was taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena