Oklahoma City police officer is accused of punching man at bar
An Oklahoma City police officer faces a criminal and internal investigation after a man said the officer punched him multiple times at a bar Sunday.
An off-duty Oklahoma City police officer accused of beating a man at a bar faces a criminal investigation after the Veterans Day confrontation.
The reported confrontation occurred about 10:10 p.m. Sunday at Sipango Lounge, 4301 N Western Ave., according to a police incident report.
According to Jeremy Pospisil, the victim, an off-duty officer and two friends sat down at the bar next to Pospisil and asked for a light. Friendly conversation turned tense when Pospisil said he recognized the officer as a man who had an affair with his wife several months ago.
Pospisil — who said Tuesday he and his wife are in the process of getting a divorce — told the man he wanted him to admit to the affair and called it “water under the bridge.”
Pospisil said the officer denied the accusation. According to the incident report, Pospisil told him to “man up” and called him a name.
The officer punched Pospisil in the face multiple times before running out of the bar, but Pospisil did not fight back, he told police. After calling 911, he signed a citation against the man for assault and battery.
The attack left Pospisil, a member of the Oklahoma National Guard, with a fat lip and cuts to his face. He required a drain in his ear, he said.
“One of their mottos is to ‘protect and serve,'” Pospisil said. “Who are they protecting when they're beating the people they're supposed to be protecting?”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?