Oklahoma City police recruit critically injured Friday
An Oklahoma City police recruit was critically injured during police training Friday. He was taken to a hospital to undergo surgery.
An Oklahoma City police recruit was critically injured Friday while training at the police academy.
The recruit was taken to a hospital where he underwent surgery, Master Sgt. Gary Knight said. He is in the hospital's intensive care unit. Knight said he does not know how the incident occurred but was told that a firearm was not involved.
Police have not released the recruit's name. Officers are trying to notify his family.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister