Oklahoma City police release name of man found dead in street
Alejandro Cortez, 38, was found dead in the street Sunday morning. Authorities haven't determined the cause of death.
Police have identified the man whose body was found during the weekend lying in the street at SW 34 and Robinson Avenue.
Officers were called about 12:20 a.m. Sunday to the location and found Alejandro Cortez, 38, dead.
Investigators say Cortez was struck by a vehicle, which left the scene. It is unclear if he died as a result of the collision or something else. The state medical examiner will determine the cause of death.
Anyone with information about his death is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister