Oklahoma City police search for man wanted as accessory in slaying
Zachary Lee Ramsey, 27, is wanted in the killing of Chad Allan Falling, according to an Oklahoma County arrest warrant affidavit.
Oklahoma City police are looking for a man wanted in the stabbing death of Chad Allan Falling.
Zachary Lee Ramsey, 27, is wanted on an accessory to murder complaint, according to an affidavit and arrest warrant approved Thursday.
Falling, 29, was stabbed in the chest about 7:10 p.m. Sept. 25 near 910 NW 9.
According to the affidavit, witnesses saw Falling, his girlfriend and Ramsey get into a verbal argument. When the argument escalated to a physical fight, Ramsey called Jerrica Nicole Moore, 19, for help. Moore tried to stab Falling, who punched her in the face, according to the affidavit.
Witnesses told police they saw Moore get up from the ground and stab Falling in the chest.
Moore was arrested Wednesday on a murder complaint and told police Ramsey helped her dispose of the murder weapon, the affidavit stated.
She told police Ramsey took the knife from the scene and threw it onto the roof of Route 66 Hotel at Interstate 40 Service Road and S Meridian Avenue, according to the affidavit.
Oklahoma City homicide detectives found the knife about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday on the rooftop.
Ramsey is on probation for forgery, falsely personating another, possession of a firearm as a juvenile and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, according to the state Corrections Department.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister