Oklahoma City police seek man after machete attack
An Oklahoma City man reported his neighbor's ex-boyfriend slashed him with a machete. The incident was reported near NW 50 and N Portland.
Police were searching for a machete-wielding man Wednesday after an Oklahoma City man reported being cut.
Randal Love, 45, called police about 2:30 a.m. and said a man with the machete got away, Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
Videoview all videos
Oct 31Man claims another man slashed him with a machete. The...
Photoview all photos
Love told police he was inside his house at 3800 NW 51 when he heard a loud crash. He ran outside with a golf club and saw a man pull a vehicle out of the his neighbor's driveway, according to the incident report.
Love told police he walked around to the driver's side door and saw the man open the door with a machete in his hand, according to the incident report.
Stepping backward, Love tripped and raised his arm to protect himself. The man struck Love's arm, causing a large gash, according to the report.
Love was taken to Mercy Hospital and received a number of stitches.
He told The Oklahoman the man with machete was wearing a painter's respirator mask and was puncturing the tires and smashing glass of his neighbor's pickup.
Love said the man who attacked him is the ex-boyfriend of a neighbor who lives across the street.
Mark Stout, 22, the brother of the neighbor, said he witnessed the incident.
He said the family has been harassed before by the man.
Stout said he received threatening text messages from the man two hours before the incident.
“I'm fearful for my sister,” Stout said.
The following video is from News9.com and contains strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims