Oklahoma City real estate market braces for Chesapeake property sales
Chesapeake Energy Corp. spent more than $170 million buying up office properties outside of its core campus over the past several years, but its spending spree appears to have run out of gas after company founder and CEO Aubrey McClendon announced his impending departure earlier this year.
Local real estate market observers are keeping a watchful eye on the natural gas company to see what it will do with the vast amount of office space it holds.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 77543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16211OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13739Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11932Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11090Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11021Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified