The Oklahoma City School Board named new administrators for eight district schools during a meeting Thursday night.
• Marcus Macias was named principal of Stand Watie Elementary School, 3517 S Linn. Macias previously worked as a principal at Jackson Middle School. He replaces Rick Brown, who is retiring.
• Shawn Ross was named principal of Hayes Elementary School, 6900 S Byers. Ross previously worked outside the district. He replaces Jae Strickland, who is moving out of state.
• Beth Steele was named principal of Shidler Elementary School, 1415 S Byers. Steele previously worked as an assistant principal at Jefferson Middle School. She replaces Steve Johnson, who is retiring.
• Jenifer Kleyn was named assistant principal of U.S. Grant High School, 5016 S Pennsylvania. Kleyn previously worked outside the district. She replaces Pedro Martinez, who left to pursue a military career.
Half of the positions are new assistant principal jobs, which have been created because of growing enrollment.
• Jamie Wood will work at Arthur Elementary School, 5100 S Independence. She previously worked for the state Education Department and Southern Hills Elementary School.
• Melinda Elms will work at Eugene Field Elementary School, 1515 N Klein. She previously worked as a teacher at Sequoyah Elementary.
• Michelle Lewis will work at Hawthorne Elementary School, 2300 NW 15. She previously worked as a teacher in another district.
• Mitch Ruzzoli will work at Hillcrest Elementary School, 6421 S Miller. He previously worked as a teacher at Horace Mann Elementary School.
In related news
Superintendent Karl Springer announced that Principal Kim Iraggi will move from Johnson Elementary School, 1810 Sheffield Drive, to Nichols Hills Elementary School, 1301 W Wilshire. Iraggi is replacing Carol Berry, who is retiring. The lateral personnel change did not require board approval.