Oklahoma City teenager denied setting deadly fire but admits making firebombs
Tristan Ryan Owen, 15, was arrested Wednesday in the Oklahoma City fire that killed an elderly couple. Owen denied starting the blaze but admitted to making firebombs out of whiskey bottles, police reported.
A suspect in a deadly Oklahoma City fire denied starting it but admitted to making firebombs out of whiskey bottles, police
Videoview all videos
Jul 15Boyd Haynes and his wife, Doris Haynes, were spending one...
Jul 15The fifteen year old accused of setting a deadly fire...
Jul 13A man and a woman who were well known in their...
Photoview all 13 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tristan Ryan Owen, 15, also admitted to setting his pajamas and a plastic trash container on fire outside his house, a police detective wrote in a court affidavit.
Owen was arrested Wednesday morning. He is suspected in the smoke inhalation deaths of an elderly couple whose house was intentionally set on fire. The couple lived at 7608 S Miller Blvd., records show.
Police reported finding two busted glass bottles used to make firebombs. One was in the street and one was in front of the driveway of the boy's home.
Owen was questioned by police Wednesday because neighbors reported seeking him outside his home at the time of the fire. He lives with a grandfather nearby.
“During the interview, Tristan admitted to taking two whiskey bottles from a friend's home earlier in the evening and, upon arriving … home, taking paper towels from inside of his house and making Molotov cocktails out of the whiskey bottles,” police detective Ryan Porter wrote in a court affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures