Oklahoma City Thunder: Chris Paul takes blame for Clippers' overtime loss
Chris Paul finished with one of his worst statistical lines in his eight seasons as one of the league's premier point guards. Afterward, Paul put his team's 117-111 overtime loss to OKC squarely on his shoulders.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 28 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
When told Paul was taking the blame, Griffin shook his head and said: “It's not on him. It's on all of us. We've got to help him out. He's going to say that, but his defense out there, his leadership out there. It goes way beyond just the shots or the points, or whatever it is.
“We played poorly. We didn't play well at all. Our rotation was a little messed up. We didn't play well at all and we all know that. We'll be ready next time. We have a tough squad, a squad that never gives up and that's promising. Like I said, next time we'll be ready. I thought our effort down the stretch was great. It wasn't because of lack of effort.”
Three-time scoring champ Kevin Durant, like Paul, has plenty of “clutch minute” points and also knows the feeling of coming up short.
“It's frustrating because you put so much time into it, you put your heart into it,” Durant said. “You go out there and play hard and if it doesn't come out the way you want it to, it's frustrating.
“CP is an unbelievable leader. Wins and losses, he just moves on. You can tell how he plays. I'm the same way. You can learn a lot from a guy like him, but I'm glad we came out on top.”
The loss snapped the Clippers' six-game winning streak. They play at Brooklyn on Friday and at Atlanta on Saturday to close out a four-game road trip.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion