Oklahoma City Thunder: J.J. Barea, Timberwolves snap Thunder's 12-game streak
J.J. Barea scored 14 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter and the Minnesota Timberwolves ended Oklahoma City's 12-game winning streak with a 99-93 victory over the Thunder on Thursday night.
Videoview all videos
Dec 20Dec. 20 - Thunder Thursday
Dec 20The big NBA game on Christmas Day is a final rematch, as...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Defensively, the Thunder, by all accounts, performed pitifully.
Love scored a team-high 28 points with 11 rebounds. Wolves center Nikola Pekovic added 24 points and 10 rebounds. And guard Alexey Shved scored 12 points with seven rebounds and 12 assists. Shved's passing set the tone and helped the Timberwolves shell out 27 assists, 20 in the first half.
“Everybody got into an offensive rhythm,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks of the Timberwolves. “They had 20 assists in the first half, which is way too many. That ball was moving wherever it wanted to. We weren't stopping it from going where they wanted it to go.”
As a result, the Thunder never stood much of a chance. Oklahoma City never led, something that's never happened all season, and the streak seemed doomed from the start.
“We had a great streak, a great month going,” Brooks said. “But we lost to a very good team. We knew sooner or later they were going to get hot and they got hot tonight.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater