Oklahoma City Thunder: Kendrick Perkins, Zach Randolph square off near interview room
Perkins declines comment, while Randolph says game between Western Conference contenders was full of emotion.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 31 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Memphis outscored the Thunder 36-15 in the second quarter and the teams essentially swapped buckets the entire second half. The closest OKC got was 75-69 with 3:01 left in the third quarter.
As expected, the game was hotly contested from the opening tip.
“Oh, it definitely felt like a playoff game — very physical out there, intensity was there, guys was playing hard, so it definitely felt like a playoff game,” Randolph said.
A rivalry between these teams was spawned two seasons ago in an exciting, back-and-forth Western Conference semifinal that the Thunder won 4-3.
“Just two good teams,” said Randolph, who had 20 points and 11 rebounds and has had a double-double in every game this season. “We feel like we can beat them and they feel like they can beat us.
“This was a big win for us tonight. This is one of the best teams in the West. … We're the underdogs. I tell our guys, ‘We're the underdogs.' I've been an underdog my whole life, you know what I mean? That's how I feel. I've got to earn everything I got.”
The Grizzlies had a first-round playoff exit last season, losing to the Los Angeles Clippers. The Thunder, meanwhile, won the Western Conference championship to advance to the NBA Finals, where it lost 4-1 to the Miami Heat.
“We're trying to get where they at,” Randolph said of the Thunder. “We're always going to come out and play hard, come out and fight.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21533Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17671Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12448Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9610Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9529Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9416Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8233Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense