Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant scores 27 points as OKC beats Memphis Grizzlies
Kevin Durant scored a game-high 27 points to lead Oklahoma City to a 106-89 win over Memphis on Thursday night inside Chesapeake Energy Arena. But even a 17-point win somehow was filled with drama, both on the court and on the sideline in the second half.
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Russell Westbrook had 21 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists...
Photoview all 19 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It brought the Grizzlies within 20.
Randolph's first field goal came 30 seconds later.
Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison tag-teamed and took Randolph out of the game with a physical brand of defense for which the Grizzlies' All-Star forward had no answer. Both bodied up on Randolph, cutting off his airspace and not allowing him to take his time making decisions while working from the high post. Whenever he did get a shot off, Randolph was forced to hoist it over the hands of either Ibaka or Collison.
“They played hard,” said Sefolosha. “Every time we do that as a team we're good. Those guys have played him a bunch of times, so I think they know how to play them.”
Randolph did have 12 rebounds before intermission, six on the offensive end. But he couldn't convert any of his second chances into scores. It plagued the Grizzlies all half, as they converted on just two of 13 second-chance opportunities. Randolph finished with a game-high 19 rebounds, including nine on the offensive end, or five more than the Thunder had as a team.
Aside from the silliness on the sidelines, it was the Thunder's lone cause for concern.
“I don't know how many he ended up with, but he had a lot of them,” Brooks said. “Other than that, I thought our defense was solid. To keep a team in the 30s (field goal shooting percentage) is outstanding defense.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad