Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant scores 27 points as OKC beats Memphis Grizzlies
Kevin Durant scored a game-high 27 points to lead Oklahoma City to a 106-89 win over Memphis on Thursday night inside Chesapeake Energy Arena. But even a 17-point win somehow was filled with drama, both on the court and on the sideline in the second half.
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Russell Westbrook had 21 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists...
Photoview all 19 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
It brought the Grizzlies within 20.
Randolph's first field goal came 30 seconds later.
Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison tag-teamed and took Randolph out of the game with a physical brand of defense for which the Grizzlies' All-Star forward had no answer. Both bodied up on Randolph, cutting off his airspace and not allowing him to take his time making decisions while working from the high post. Whenever he did get a shot off, Randolph was forced to hoist it over the hands of either Ibaka or Collison.
“They played hard,” said Sefolosha. “Every time we do that as a team we're good. Those guys have played him a bunch of times, so I think they know how to play them.”
Randolph did have 12 rebounds before intermission, six on the offensive end. But he couldn't convert any of his second chances into scores. It plagued the Grizzlies all half, as they converted on just two of 13 second-chance opportunities. Randolph finished with a game-high 19 rebounds, including nine on the offensive end, or five more than the Thunder had as a team.
Aside from the silliness on the sidelines, it was the Thunder's lone cause for concern.
“I don't know how many he ended up with, but he had a lot of them,” Brooks said. “Other than that, I thought our defense was solid. To keep a team in the 30s (field goal shooting percentage) is outstanding defense.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims