Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Martin has fit in with the Thunder quite nicely
San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said: “Obviously, it's fit pretty seamlessly. They've done a great job fitting him (Martin) into the program. So now they're off to the races and doing a great job.”
Videoview all videos
Dec 18Serge Ibaka scored a career-high 25 points and grabbed 17...
Photoview all 22 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“When you're a two-way player, you give yourself a chance,” Brooks said. “Kevin's been good on defense. He hasn't been known for that, but he's been very solid defensively. Offensively, he's very efficient.”
Martin smiled, but wasn't buying it, however.
“I think he's fooling you a little bit,” Martin said of Brooks.
Before Monday's game, San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich described the Thunder's transition from Harden to Martin as follows: “Obviously, it's fit pretty seamlessly. They've done a great job fitting him (Martin) into the program. So now they're off to the races and doing a great job.”
As he often does, Martin took a topic directed specifically at him and re-directed the focus toward his team. He turned “he” into “we.”
“We don't want to stop here,” Martin said. “We just want to keep getting better.
“I think it's going to be a work in progress until the playoffs. As a team, we're nowhere near our ceiling of where we want to be. I think over time, we'll get better offensively and defensively and just knowing each other. It's only been five or six weeks. In the NBA, you can't get familiar with each other in that short of a time.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims