Oklahoma City Thunder: LeBron James' streak ends, but he's impressive nevertheless
James will have to settle with being the first NBA player to score 30-plus points and shoot 58.3-plus percent from the field in seven straight games.
Videoview all videos
Feb 15Kevin Durant scored 40 points, but didn't hit a bucket...
Feb 15See what the Heat superstar had to say after scoring 39...
Feb 15Berry Tramel and Darnell Mayberry explain how things went...
Photoview all 39 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“We've only won two in a row,” Wade said. “Last year doesn't matter. I thought we came out this game, a very tough game to play going into the break, and I thought we imposed our will by playing our style of basketball. Do we have their number? No. We're not feeling that way. We've just won two games against them and that's it.”
Though the Heat spent much of Thursday's game smiling and applauding each other on their dominance, Miami forward Shane Battier insisted it was not easy.
“No, it's never easy,” Battier said. “It takes a lot of hard work to get up early on this team here. They were coming. They were coming the entire game. We made a couple of key shots in the fourth quarter to keep them at bay, but it was a tough game.”
The Heat (36-14) goes to the All-Star break riding a seven-game winning streak and playing its best ball of the year.
“Yeah, we wanted to end this break on a high note,” James said. “We didn't just want to come in here and not play well and allow them to do what they wanted us to do. We came in with a high level. Mentally, we were in tune from the beginning and it was a really good roll that we finished.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit