Oklahoma City Thunder: Not too long ago, the Thunder were in Bobcats' shoes
The last team to struggle like that inside Chesapeake Energy Arena was the Thunder in its first month of existence when coach Scott Brooks inherited a 1-12 team
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 21 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Then again, having the worst record in history naturally lends itself to having the quickest turnaround.
Asked how the game got away so fast, former Thunder center Byron Mullens said: “I have no idea. Oklahoma City is a great team. It got out of hand real quick. … They got us tonight, I don't know what else to say.”
Everyone inside the Charlotte locker room was quick to mention Atlanta, which is who the Bobcats play next on Wednesday.
Charlotte had yet to leave town, but OKC already was in its rear-view mirror.
“We are too young to throw the (game) tape away, where there is plenty of good material there in terms of what we value,” Dunlap said. “So we will get through those simple tenets and, again, you can overreact in these situations, but you need to react and respond to it.”
Dunlap said the biggest discrepancy on the stat sheet was rebounding, where the Thunder owned a 54-37 advantage.
Actually, the game's biggest mismatch was on the scoreboard.
“I am the type of person who doesn't like to lose under any circumstance,” Dunlap said. “But I also have a macro view, a big-picture view to the whole thing, and overreacting in the NBA is a bad way of going about your business. … We know that OKC is a test for us — we failed miserably. But there are better days ahead.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit