Oklahoma City Thunder notebook: Jack Nicholson watched Thunder thump Lakers
Three seasons ago, during Game 5 of the NBA playoffs, Nicholson struck up a conversation with OKC coach Scott Brooks. “You think I would remember something like that?” Brooks asked in mock disgust. “It was actually pretty cool.”
Three-time Academy Award winning actor Jack Nicholson had his usual front-row seat Friday night and watched the Thunder crush his beloved Los Angeles Lakers 116-101 at Staples Center.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Three seasons ago, during Game 5 of the NBA playoffs, Nicholson struck up a conversation with OKC coach Scott Brooks.
“You think I would remember something like that?” Brooks asked in mock disgust after Friday morning's shoot-around session.
Obviously kidding, Brooks shared what was said. “It was actually pretty cool,” Brooks admitted. “I was really thinking to myself, ‘I can't believe he's talking to me. I can't believe he knows my name and he's wasting his time talking to me.' It was a good conversation. We talked about one of the referees that he knows real well. I was saying good things about him (the referee) and he was disagreeing with me on all the nice things I said. I think he went to high school with him.”
Asked if he has chatted with Nicholson since, Brooks said dejectedly: “No, he doesn't have a cellphone. I can't call him.”
SHAQTIN' A FOOL
Against Philadelphia two weeks ago, Thunder center Kendrick Perkins grabbed a rebound, dribbled down court, stopped at the free-throw line and threw the ball directly to his left, out of bounds. A frowning Perkins then yelled at the referee that he was fouled on the pass.
The sequence was so comical, Shaquille O'Neal featured it on this week's “Shaqtin' A Fool” segment on TNT
Even Perkins admitted it was funny, although he playfully was disappointed his ex-Boston Celtics teammate called him out.
On Twitter, Perkins responded: “That shaqin a fool was so funny, I look like a bone head … ”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated