Oklahoma City Thunder notebook: Kevin Martin will remain the sixth man for now
Thunder coach Scott Brooks said he currently has no plans to insert Kevin Martin into the starting lineup but left the door open for that to change down the line.
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Before Sunday's game, Warriors coach Mark Jackson was asked where Durant ranks among the all-time greats in terms of being unguardable.
Even before Durant lit up the Warriors for his first career triple-double, Jackson had high praise for the reigning three-time scoring champ.
“He's in the discussion with anybody because of his size, his ability to shoot the basketball and shoot it with range,” Jackson said. “Coming into this league, people had concerns about how thin he was. That's not a concern because he's strong and able to take a hit. He is absolutely a tough matchup. And to think that he can play, really, any position on the floor with his size is scary.”
Warriors coach Jackson on how he would attempt to defend Westbrook in his playing days — “Chapel first. And then stay late when all the guys leave get some extra prayer in.”
Durant had 13 points and 10 rebounds in the first half, marking the second time this season he's registered a double-double by halftime. Before this season, he had done that only once in his career. … With 25 seconds remaining in the first quarter, Warriors forward Richard Jefferson left Sunday's game after straining his right calf. He did not return. … The Thunder finished with just 12 turnovers Sunday. … After making a season-high 14 3-pointers Friday at New Orleans, OKC made 13 3-pointers against the Warriors. … Westbrook scored 30 points Sunday, the third time this season that he's scored at least 30. … Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers is at 6:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN (Cox 29).
By Darnell Mayberry
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad