Oklahoma City Thunder notebook: Scott Brooks says James Harden is an All-Star
Harden is competing with former OKC teammate Russell Westbrook, Spurs guards Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili and the Warriors' Stephen Curry
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
And the Thunder is 4-0 in those games.
Oklahoma City will look to extend its perfect streak on Monday night against the Phoenix Suns. In last year's New Year's Eve game, the Thunder beat the Suns 107-97.
OKC has won by an average margin of 6.8 points in its four New Year's Eve games. Before last season, the Thunder defeated Atlanta by nine in 2010, Utah by one in 2009 and Golden State by seven in 2008.
BALANCED SCORING A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS FOR OKC
In Saturday's 124-94 win over the Rockets, the Thunder had five players score at least 10 points. Oklahoma City is now 12-0 when that happens.
“That means everybody's involved,” said Kevin Martin, “and we're flowing as a team and not just as individuals.”
Houston coach Kevin McHale on whether fatigue was a factor in his team's 30-point loss to the Thunder on the second night of a back-to-back — “We aren't laying brick in 110 degree weather. We're just playing basketball. Since everybody has played basketball when they've been a little tired, you've just got to go out and push through it,”
By Darnell Mayberry
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort