H: ° L: °,
Oklahoma City Thunder notebook: Thunder now has Arkansas flavor
In a span of four days, Oklahoma City acquired Arkansas-college products Ronnie Brewer and Derek Fisher.
Videoview all videos
Feb 25Fan favorite Derek Fisher is making his way back to OKC...
Feb 21The Oklahoman's Sports team talks about the NBA Trade...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Turnovers have contributed significantly to the Thunder's defensive struggles lately. In games where OKC has surrendered 100-plus points, it also has committed 18-plus turnovers, which frequently lead to easy fast break points.
“When you give up high turnovers, which we're capable of doing, that puts a lot of pressure on your defense,” Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. “That hurts your (opponent field-goal) percentage, that hurts everything. You have to take that into consideration. … When we don't turn the ball over, obviously our defense is much better.”
OKC is 29th in the NBA in turnovers at 15.8 per game. One way OKC could cut down on turnovers would be to slow down the pace, which isn't about to occur with arguably the league's most athletic team.
“We play a style that's very aggressive, so our turnovers are probably higher than normal,” Brooks said. “If we wanted to slow the game down and keep it in the low 90s, I'm sure our turnovers would be down to 13 or 14 a game. That's not worth it to me. Our guys have an aggressive personality and we have success running the ball and trying to score early in the possession.”
A potentially scary proposition awaits Thunder opponents whenever Brooks opts to play Sefolosha and Brewer simultaneously on the wings.
“Absolutely, they definitely can play together, they can complement each other,” Brooks said. “There are options where I think both can play at the same time.”
Thunder general manager Sam Presti is quite familiar with Fisher's agent. It's Rob Pelinka, who also represents Durant and James Harden. Pelinka advanced to three Final Fours as a player at Michigan, twice during the Fab Five era.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister