Oklahoma City Thunder: 'One game at a time' cliché is appropriate for Thunder's daunting road trip
Oklahoma City will play six games in 10 days, including Lakers, Clippers and Mavericks
Videoview all videos
Jan 17The Oklahoman's sports experts talk about the Thunder's...
Photoview all 42 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“No, no, no,” starting guard Thabo Sefelosha said. “We're going to try to do our best and win each one of them. It's definitely just one game after the next. We can't think too much ahead.”
Reserve center Hasheem Thabeet correctly shared the upcoming order of games. How does he study the schedule throughout the season?
“That next opponent,” Thabeet said.
“That's it,” Thabeet said. “We know who we play on what day, but we can't worry about that until it's our next game.”
The Thunder is 12-5 on the road this season and has played the second-fewest away games behind Chicago (16). OKC has held its own at home with a 19-3 (. 864) mark at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
In January, the Thunder will play 11 of its 16 games on the road.
“We wanted to take care of home, knowing we only had a few games at the crib this month,” three-time scoring champ Kevin Durant said.
OKC won't arrive home until around 11 p.m. on Jan. 27, which would have been roughly seven hours later had the road finale against the Lakers been scheduled to tip off at 9:30 p.m. rather than 2:30.
“It's definitely long, and my wife is going to enjoy that,” Brooks joked about the road trip. “But I think our players will be able to manage, because they play well and they stay sharp on the road.”
The Thunder's next home game won't be until Jan. 31 when it plays the Memphis Grizzlies.
The longest road trip in franchise history is followed by a game against the rough and tumble Grizzlies? For now, there's certainly no need to think that far ahead.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister