Oklahoma City Thunder Q&A: Coach Scott Brooks
Brooks excited with what rookie Perry Jones III will bring to the team
Your overall thoughts on training camp so far?
“I thought we had a great week of basketball. We have three more to go.”
NewsOK Related Articles
There have been a lot of nice things said about rookie Perry Jones III. Are you worried there might be too much expected?
“We're excited about what he brings. We're excited about his effort and the energy and the person that he is, but he is also a rookie. It's not easy to break into this league and also to break in with our team. He has guy ahead of him who are young that are good who have five or six years experience if he plays behind Kevin (Durant) or Serge (Ibaka). He's a guy who can (play) multiple positions and that's always a big asset to our team.”
What are your plans for Lazar Hayward this season?
“He's a 2-3, a 3-2. He's a perimeter player. He's really done a great job coming back in great shape. Just appearance-wise, he's lost a few pounds. He looks great and he's working. He can guard 2s and 3s and some shooting 4s. I like what I've seen the first week out of him.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort