Oklahoma City Thunder Q&A: Coach Scott Brooks
Brooks excited with what rookie Perry Jones III will bring to the team
Your overall thoughts on training camp so far?
“I thought we had a great week of basketball. We have three more to go.”
NewsOK Related Articles
There have been a lot of nice things said about rookie Perry Jones III. Are you worried there might be too much expected?
“We're excited about what he brings. We're excited about his effort and the energy and the person that he is, but he is also a rookie. It's not easy to break into this league and also to break in with our team. He has guy ahead of him who are young that are good who have five or six years experience if he plays behind Kevin (Durant) or Serge (Ibaka). He's a guy who can (play) multiple positions and that's always a big asset to our team.”
What are your plans for Lazar Hayward this season?
“He's a 2-3, a 3-2. He's a perimeter player. He's really done a great job coming back in great shape. Just appearance-wise, he's lost a few pounds. He looks great and he's working. He can guard 2s and 3s and some shooting 4s. I like what I've seen the first week out of him.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena