Oklahoma City Thunder Q&A: Guard DeAndre Liggins
Liggins, a No. 2 draft pick in 2011, played 17 games last season with the Orlando Magic.
On Sept. 12, the Thunder announced the signing of guard DeAndre Liggins to its training camp roster.
The 6-foot-6, 209-pound Liggins played 17 games last season with the Orlando Magic, averaging 1.9 points, 0.9 rebounds and 6.8 minutes.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 25 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
After playing three seasons at Kentucky, Liggins was selected in the second round (53rd overall) in the 2011 NBA Draft.
How did you end up getting a tryout with the Thunder?
“Orlando decided not to bring me back. OKC called my agent and said they liked me, liked the way I played and they were going to bring me down here and work me out. I worked out for a week. Two weeks later, I came back and I've been here since.”
What do you think the Thunder likes most about you?
“My defense mostly. That's why I'm in the league, because of my defense. I'm trying to become an improved jumper-shooter and a better ball-handler.”
What are your perceptions of the organization?
“First class. Not to say Orlando wasn't first class. I mean, everybody has their differences. First class meaning everybody gets treated the same way, no matter if you're DeAndre Liggins, Russell (Westbrook) or Kevin Durant. Everybody gets treated the same way. Everybody's accountable. That's what I like about this organization.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister