Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook leads Thunder's rout of Golden State
Oklahoma City's star guard indicates early in the game that he would be in complete control. Westbrook finishes with 22 points, three rebounds and five assists.
Videoview all videos
Feb 6Five Thunder players scored in double figures as Oklahoma...
Photoview all 28 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Not really,” Westbrook said. “I don't think he really did too much last time if you check.”
The roles were reversed Wednesday, as Westbrook dominated the matchup this time after a 10-point, six-turnover effort on 3-for-16 shooting two weeks ago.
Westbrook added four steals and had only two turnovers in 30 minutes. With the Thunder going on to lead by as many as 26, Westbrook wasn't needed in the fourth quarter.
“He was steady,” said Kevin Durant, who scored a game-high 25 points. “His ball pressure was great. He was pursuing over screens. He was getting everybody involved. He was just energetic. That's what we need from him and he's been doing it all season.”
The Thunder led 34-22 after the first quarter, and that margin quickly grew to 20 early in the second period. Westbrook and Ibaka (15 points, nine rebounds, six blocked shots) initiated the assault before the second unit soon followed suit. Less than two minutes into the second period, Oklahoma City held a 42-22 advantage and went on to lead by as many as 22 in the first half.
OKC held the Warriors to 40.9 percent shooting and scored 29 points off 19 Golden State turnovers.
“I thought (Westbrook) established the intensity of the game right from the start and everybody else followed suit,” Brooks said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad