Oklahoma City Thunder: Russell Westbrook's tantrum goes national, sparks negative reaction
Television analysts say team chemistry is fragile, might keep Thunder from contending for championship
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Russell Westbrook had 21 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists...
Photoview all 20 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith: “I believe that Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook together will ultimately win multiple titles, but what I saw last night has me ruling them out of winning the title this year, because you are going to go up against more seasoned individuals who know how to play together, know how to talk and communicate with one another and know how not to overreact.
“I love Russell Westbrook. I really do, but I really, really saw a kid last night. I didn't see a young man, and that's what I'm concerned about.”
Oklahoma City native and ESPN commentator Skip Bayless: “Love Kevin Durant, my favorite player, hate it that he's forced to play with Russell Westbrook. … Really scares me for Kevin Durant's sake, long term. … Not only did he (Westbrook) blow his cool, but he blew his team's psyche and they nearly blew a lead to a Memphis that was in post-Rudy Gay disarray last night.
“That is 100 percent selfish. That's all about Westbrook's out-of-control ego. … Memphis went on a 25-10 run because of Russell Westbrook's tantrum. That will get you. At some point, it's going to get them. In the Western Conference playoffs, it will get them.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes